Sunday, November 28, 2010

SATC 2 - the "Other" interiors







OK, OK, much has been blogged about Carrie and Big's apartment in Sex And The City 2, but I only saw the movie last night!
In between burning breakfast pancakes and blogging this morning I am enjoying the afterglow of the inspired set decorating. I just love the elegant arm chairs in the main apartment and I imagine that this shape will be appearing in living rooms everywhere soon.
Here are some pics of the not-so-talked-about interiors in the movie.

I have to say I LOVE the new colour of Carrie's old "bachelorette" apartment though in my opinion the decor lacks some of the Boho chic and girly touches it had in the old days.
Decorator Jeremy Conway used a custom mixed colour close to Benjamin Moore's Electric Blue and I like the fact that it is slightly "marine", rather than a clear sky blue. Marine blue is my husband's favourite colour and it may be popping up at the beach cottages soon.

Charlotte's pink nursery is just gorgeous and nicely eclectic. The set decorators had fun there. Love the striped commode next to the spotted wing chair juxtaposed with the modern yellow desk chair and acetate shelving.

No comments:

Post a Comment